Thursday, January 05, 2006

Knit Happens


I'm so addicted. I always have several projects going at once because I get bored easily. Switching between projects keeps it interesting for me, plus I am so eager to finish projects. I have lots of people who love my work, and today, I need to work on christmas stockings and a hat. I'm also making a scarf for myself to go with a new coat I just ordered yesterday (although I have about 10 days before it's delivered).

I am so relaxed when I'm knitting, and my children love to watch me. My oldest daughter, 5yrs old, wants to learn how to knit, so the next time I go to the store, I'm going to pick up the child knitting needles for her use. Hopefully she'll pick it right up as she is eager to learn and watches me all the time.

I'm exploring different yarns as well. I'm getting away from the regular acrylics. I love Wool-Ease for a worsted weight, it's so soft and pretty cheap. I love Babylash by Bernat for children's items and I will be buying bernat cotton to start making sundresses for my daughters for the summer.

I also dabbled in Intarsia. I made a rosary pouch. This is my own pattern and it came out great. Not bad for a first project :)

No comments: