Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Crazy Knitter I am

I have been a crazy knitter for about 8 months now. I have been a crocheter for most of my life, learning when I was about 12. I didn't know how to do anything but a chain for quite sometime, so I gave up, picking it back up when I was pregnant with my first child. My best friend and I had a fall out, she picked up knitting and I was a crocheting madwoman. When we made up, I went to a knitting club and have been knitting every since. I have made scarves, ponchos, purses, bags, christmas stockings, hats, and even a sweater for my youngest daughter. I knit to keep my hands busy, it's very meditative for me, a great time to pray and get great results :)

I also have bipolar, that's where the craziness comes in. I was diagnosed at the age of 16 during a 2nd hospitalization. I was on meds for quite some time, all kinds of meds for the bipolar, for anxiety, for psychotic episodes. I went off my meds soon after dating my husband. I was able to manage my illness, or so I thought. I've been struggling, unbeknownst to me, for many years, but my illness has manifested itself in horrible ways the past few months.

I am now back on medication, more stable and I am able to enjoy my husband, my children and my life.

No comments: