Sunday, February 18, 2007

My first pocket diaper



Well, we are switching to cloth diapers. I just need to order a couple of more supplies before I can make the diapers, although I do have some prefolds that I got yesterday. I'm just knitting a soaker to go on top (they are like little shorts/pants that go over the diaper made of wool for absorbency). Anyway, I'm going to be making Pocket diapers (where a soaker pad is inserted and than taken out for washing) and aio's (all in one). I made my first pocket diaper last night. It's not usable, but I wanted to get the "pattern" down and really see if I can do it. It was the first time sewing with elastic, and I used the wrong stitch, but you get the idea of how the diaper is supposed to look. I'm really excited about this, helping out with the environment as well as saving money. When I get good enough, I'll be making nighttime training pants for my allie :)

1 comment:

Devon said...

Hi Barb,
Diaper looks good, and you have a beautiful baby girl there,,,I have been knitting like crazy to, and I am making things to sell, have you heard of etsy..its like ebay but you dont bid on the items you just buy them and they are all handmade, check it out if you havent yet at www.etsy.com..I will probly be getting a store there in the near future,,well keep up the beautiful work, and I will talk to you later,,,Devon