Sunday, July 01, 2007

Krista's New outfit





I've found a new hobby...like I need another one, but it just blends in with what I already love to do. I've discovered the art of dying yarn. It's so much fun seeing the colors I can create. I start out with either white or natural color wool and just use food coloring to dye it. The process is pretty easy too.

So, I dyed some yarn in the middle of last week. It came out beautiful bright shades of pink, orange and yellow, perfect for the summer. I also dyed a smaller coordinate skein in the pink that's in the yarn. Well, I was hanging out laundry and got to a shirt we picked up for Krista at a garage sale last weekend and discovered the yarn I just dyed would match perfectly!!! So, I knit her up a skirtie to wear over her cloth fitted diapers (diapers that need a cover). There is a panty style soaker under the skirt. It came out adorable. Here are some pics of the yarn cooking, yarn with the shirt and her wearing the outfit.

I also wanted to mention that everyone's first thought is "wool is just so hot". Actually, wool that's been handknit with breathes and is not hot at all. It's super absorbant and is not heavy like the wool sweaters that people automatically think of. Enjoy the pictures :)

No comments: